Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The AristoCats (sophisticated!)




   On this night of no sleep (due to crazy nightmares), thunderstorms, and broken promises I chose to review a wonderful Disney classic The AristoCats (1970). I mean how can you go wrong with wonderful singing and dancing French cats? You can't. As you can tell from previous postings, I'm kind of big on my childhood classics (being a 90s kid with parents who were stuck in the 80s/70s I mean anything Disney or anything made from 1970-2000) and, no surprise here, this another of my childhood movies! Personally I adore this film and can only give it outstanding reviews.
   To start, the plot is fantastic (for mostly anyone, even adults in my opinion). It holds you're attention, keeps you laughing, makes you smile, and mildly (VERY mildly) suspenseful. I mean that in a sense that it keeps you wanting to watch it. And why wouldn't you want to watch? There are cute cats, waddling geese, adorable kittens, and crazy butlers (not even half the list!). It takes place in Paris and is basically about a crazy widow that loves her cats...a lot. Sounds creepy, right? It isn't though. The plot is acted out well that the woman doesn't scream 'crazy cat lady'. Her butler, Edgar (cool name right?), discovers she's leaving her vast fortune (how did crazy cat lady get a fortune? No clue. She's just French. Apparently they're all sophisticated) to her cats. He gets jealous and tries to get rid of the cats. If I say anymore I'll be giving away too much, so just go watch it (if you haven't already that is, and if you haven't then why? Seriously, classic Disney is just PART of childhood).
Seriously, you gotta love kittens :)
   This movie has everything and not just in a sense with cats (as I've previously emphasized). The movie is a family movie that everyone can enjoy and laugh at. I believe this movie should live on through the years with just about every other classic Disney film ever made...(and some not so classics like WALL-E [2008]).
    I mean this movie was such a big part of my childhood that I actually based my senior prom theme around a character, Marie (the only girl kitten). I have a pink dress and everything (pictures will be up after prom 4-28-12). As this post closes I wish to leave with a picture sent to me by my dear friend Kenley. Her words were, "If you get to do your Marie theme for prom you should have this attitude the whole time." And let me just say, I definitely will ;)
Also, if you've seen the movie you can find this funny.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I feel special, lol. But yes, this movie is awesome! It's great with plot like you said, and also it has a great variety of characters-- from the kittens and cats to the geese to a couple of my personal favs-- the mouse and the two dogs. It's just awesome.

    ReplyDelete