Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Batman: A Legacy (continued)

   As previously stated, I am an original Batman fan. I was raised on the classic 90s movies so I'm a sucker for them. I also appreciate the generic idea behind superhero movies, full of one-liners and somewhat cheesey effects (but not awful, because it's expected). I realize with all our computer generated enhancements better movies are to be expected, but what happened to the good old days when you could at least appreciate the effort put into it?
    I can however appreciate the idea to make Batman into a more real, graphic, and overall raw movie. This is done perfectly well in The Dark Knight. Everything comes together beautifully and (aside from Christian Bale) the cast is great. Of course all credit must go to Heath Ledger for playing The Joker so perfectly (but he'll get a paragraph later).
        It's been a while since I've seen this, but it's a hard movie to forget. It comes together well, and honestly there isn't too much I didn't like about it except for of course the same things as Batman Begins. Also, I didn't really touch on this in the last review, but when did Lucius Fox become like Alfred??? I am a frequent watcher of Batman: The Animated Series (I know, not exactly the same thing) and I never remember Lucius being involved in Batman's life. Bruce Wayne and Lucius were close, and he of course helped run Wayne Industries, but he was never aware that Batman and Bruce Wayne were one (to my knowledge anyway). So I do dislike that they basically replaced Alfred with Lucious Fox.
       Now, for the greatest part of this movie; Heath Ledger. I'd like to preface this by saying that he did NOT get recognized for this because of his death. This was one of the greatest roles he played and he would have gotten praise regardless. He was a genius. He made The Joker come to life and managed to be better than Batman himself. Everyone loved his pure insanity and how well he fit into the role. It was just amazing and it's a tradgegy that he can never show his brilliance again.
Heath Ledger you are and will forever be missed.
 To finish up, this movie is great and if you have not seen it I have two things to say to you. One, have you been living under a rock? And two, go watch it. NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment