Monday, March 26, 2012

Julie & Julia

Julie & Julia PosterI have been meaning to see this movie for a very long while due to one fact: Meryl Streep. Also I do love to cook so this was sort of inspirational to me. This movie is full of romance, great acting, intensity, meaning, and most of all it's all based on, not one, but TWO real stories.
    I can start by saying this movie is worth seeing if you can sit through a good inspirational movie that tells a nice story (not for most people in this day and age I know). There is no spectacular cinematography as far as this movie goes, nor is there a perfect dialouge, but it's still got the quirky little things that I guess categorize it as a 'chick-flick'. It's funny, cute, and has a great easy to follow plot.
   It follows the story of Julie Powell as she works her way through Julia Childs' Mastering the Art of French Cooking, as well as Julia Childs' life while she was writing the book. It shows the connection between the two and how one woman can pull herself up using the empowerment of another powerful woman...that definitely makes it a chick-flick.
   No matter, it's still an excellent movie with great actors and actresses like Meryl Streep (my personal hero), Amy Adams (chick-flick queen), and Stanley Tucci (amazing man I must say). Their preformances were fantastic and they without them the movie probably would not be as good as it is. I must also say something about Chris Messina (Eric Powell in the movie), he was great and great looking ;) good job gorgeous!
    I definitely recommend this movie to any woman who is a fan of Amy Adams or Meryl Streep, also to anyone looking for a good inspirational movie. Men may not be able to appreciate so just plan this movie on a girls night in (unless you prefer horror movies like my best friend...).

No comments:

Post a Comment